We are committed to your privacy, and we will never sell your data.
Information That You Give Us.
We collect your personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us from various sources, including the Sites, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, when you make a donation to us, or when you participate in events. We also may obtain information about you from our business partners and other third parties.
“Personal Information” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, or online identifier.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, phone number)
- Username and password for any account you may establish on our Sites
- Financial information (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media
- Interest information given via first-party and third-party sources
- Demographic information given via first-party and third-party sources
- A record of your donations
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
In addition, when you visit the Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use first-party website analytics tools such as Google Analytics that collect information about visitor traffic on our Sites.
The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as IP address, the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our Sites (such as page views, time on pages, and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites as well terms used on our sites
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To provide personalized support
- To process your donations including providing a gift receipt
- To help us engage with individuals who may wish to donate to GCR
- To communicate with you about our Sites, programs, events, and to offer you relevant communications
- Manage and maintain your account on the Sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection or use
We will only use this information to carry out our obligations arising from your donation, and to provide you with the information and services you request from us. We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your experience with us, to communicate with you about programs, services, and events that may be of interest to you.
We do not store your payment information. If you make a donation via the Sites, the transaction is handled by our service providers responsible for processing your transaction (“Payment Processors”). Please be aware that Payment Processors have their own privacy policies, and those terms will apply to you regarding how that Payment Processor handles your personal data. Depending on your donation, it may be made via the Sites or you may be re-directed to a third-party site for payment. If your donation is made via the Sites, for the Payment Processor to process your transaction, we may require payment, credit card, or other credit-related information. If you are re-directed to a third-party site for your donation, please be sure to review any linked policies provided during payment processing as they will apply to you.
Information We Share
Please note that the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties in accordance with the CPRA and GDPR.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to GCR’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain GCR offerings or site features.
Here are the choices that Global Christian Relief offers:
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our Sites. To adjust your current settings, please email us at [email protected]
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our sites by our web analytics vendor by clicking here.
You may opt out of the use of us targeting advertisements to you from 3rd party advertising networks (see “Online Advertising” section), by clicking here.
When you use an GCR application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs. You may also remove stored cookies via your web browser.
Your Rights and Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that GCR has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to GCR, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email [email protected], with the subject line “California Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
The following additional rights may be available to individuals who interact with the Sites located in the EU:
- The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access).
- The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information.
- The right to require us to delete your personal information in certain situations.
- The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data.
- The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party – in certain situations.
- The right to object: To at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling); in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
To submit your request, please email [email protected], with the subject line “GDPR Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails, text messages, or paper communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
Access and Correction
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with GCR. Linked sites may have their own Privacy Policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with GCR, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain aspects of your donation while in transit. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Please note that we will never ask for your GCR account user name or password via email.
Retention of Personal Information and Security
The Sites do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
If you wish to have your data deleted, opt-out of receiving future communications, opt-out of having your information shared by GCR, or exercise any other privacy right you may have by law, please contact GCR by submitting your request via email at [email protected]
All deletion and opt-out requests will be honored, but please be patient with us as it may take six (6) to eight (8) weeks for opt-out changes to be fully implemented.
How to Contact Us
You also may write to us at:
Global Christian Relief
PO Box 27001
Santa Ana, CA 92799